The early preschool years are nothing short of amazing! Children at this age have an overwhelming eagerness to learn and you will notice that their ability to experiment, explore, and focus on set activities begins to change rapidly. At the Nest Schools, our Penguin program supports young preschoolers and their need to be challenged, engaged, and encouraged in their learning and personal interests. All of this is done with the belief that children learn best through play!
The success of our preschool classrooms truly lies in the environment and set up of materials. In these rooms you will see that each learning center, set up with developmentally appropriate materials, supports preschoolers in their learning and gives them a space to explore and create. Center time takes up the bulk of their day and is where most of their learning takes place.
Some of the areas you can expect to see your child engaged in are:
Science & Sensory
Nest Play Curriculum
The Nest Play curriculum is our proprietary and comprehensive approach to early education. It is designed to help children succeed and thrive and includes our core and supplemental curriculum components, our philosophy on creative play, and the method and style of delivery that our teachers use. We believe our work in early childhood education is about developing the whole child: socially, emotionally, intellectually, and physically.
As part of The Nest Play curriculum, children who attend our schools participate in three proprietary supplemental curriculums designed to enhance and enrich their confidence, creativity, and personal development. Our enrichment programs are delivered by an in-house specialist on a regular schedule in each classroom and are free to families enrolled at The Nest Schools.
The key areas of our Nest Play curriculum are:
- Yoga and fitness inspired wellness program.
- Strengthens health and physical development.
- Promotes a healthy lifestyle from the start.
- Exposes children to the value and beauty of fine arts and classical music.
- Supports brain development, cognitive development, and social and emotional development.
- Teaches children the value in doing meaningful tasks as well as how to become their own person.
- Develops basic skills necessary to communicate, care for themselves and others, and how to contribute to society in meaningful ways.
The Nest Difference
We are proud to offer the highest quality program for families in the communities we serve. As you compare other daycare and childcare facilities, we invite you to come experience The Nest difference!