The older preschool years consist of so much learning and development! Their peer relationships are strengthening, they have a more complex understanding and use of language, and their overall motor skills have developed rapidly. At the Nest Schools, our Robins program continues to provide for preschoolers and their need to be challenged, engaged, and supported in their learning and personal interests.
The success of our preschool classrooms truly lies in the environment and setup of materials. In these rooms, you will see that each learning center, set up with developmentally appropriate materials, supports preschoolers in their learning and gives them a space to explore and create. Center time takes up the bulk of their day and is where most of their learning takes place.
Some of the areas you can expect to see your child engaged in are:
Science & Sensory
Nest Play Curriculum
The Nest Play curriculum is our proprietary and comprehensive approach to early education. It is designed to help children succeed and thrive and includes our core and supplemental curriculum components, our philosophy on creative play, and the method and style of delivery that our teachers use. We believe our work in early childhood education is about developing the whole child: socially, emotionally, intellectually, and physically.
As part of The Nest Play curriculum, children who attend our schools participate in three proprietary supplemental curriculums designed to enhance and enrich their confidence, creativity, and personal development. Our enrichment programs are delivered by an in-house specialist on a regular schedule in each classroom and are free to families enrolled at The Nest Schools.
The key areas of our Nest Play curriculum are:
- Yoga and fitness inspired wellness program.
- Strengthens health and physical development
- Promotes a healthy lifestyle from the start.
- Exposes children to the value and beauty of fine arts and classical music.
- Supports brain development, cognitive development, and social and emotional development.
- Teaches children the value in doing meaningful tasks as well as how to become their own person.
- Develops basic skills necessary to communicate, care for themselves and others, and how to contribute to society in meaningful ways.
The Nest Difference
We are proud to offer the highest quality early education program for families in the communities we serve. As you compare other daycare and childcare facilities, we invite you to come experience The Nest difference!